Bayern focused on Kane

Bayern Munich are working to sign a top-class striker this summer, and they ve mostly been linked with Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane and Napoli s Victor Osimhen. However, according to Sky in Germany journalist Florian Plettenberg, the Bundesliga champions have informed Osimhen s representatives that they ve decided to focus on Kane from this point on.

Apparently, Bayern have received a positive feedback from Kane himself and started pushing for the transfer to happen. They are ready to pay the price to finally land the England captain, and it s up to him to inform Spurs that he wants to move to the Allianz Arena.

If he does that and the move happens, it will be a big blow not only for Spurs hopes of keeping their long-serving goal machine, but for Manchester United …

Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City: Stunning De Bruyne free-kick sends Guardiola´s men top

Kevin De Bruyne s stunning free-kick sent Manchester City top of the Premier League after a 1-0 win over Leicester City.

Despite the absence of top scorer Erling Haaland after a fever and foot injury, Pep Guardiola s side jumped ahead of Arsenal at the summit after dominating for large periods at the King Power Stadium.

De Bruyne sealed City’s fourth successive away win at Leicester early in the second half with a magnificent 25-yard strike into the top-left corner.

This result ended a three-match unbeaten run for the Foxes, who missed the chance to move clear of the relegation zone.

42% Among players to have scored 50+ goals in the Premier League, only David Beckham (55%) and Christian Eriksen (44%) have netted a higher percentage of their goals from o…

Neville re-signs with Everton

Everton captain Phil Neville has signed a contract extension with the English Premier League club until 2013.

The 34-year-old s contract was due to expire at the end of this season, and with a one-year extension agreed he took the opportunity to express his commitment to the club.

He told the club s official website: I feel really proud and this club has never let me down.

It s shown faith in me again and for the next two years I m going to give my all for this football club. That s what I ve done for the last six years and that s what I ll continue to do.

The versatile defender or midfielder played 35 matches last season for manager David Moyes and signed the deal ahead of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to QPR at Goodison Park.

The former England in…

Pogba determined for Red Devils success

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is confident of breaking into the first team at Old Trafford this season.

The Frenchman has been given reassurances over his United future by Sir Alex Ferguson, who wanted to keep the youngster at the club despite being wanted on loan.

Pogba told the French Football Federation website: A possible loan to a Championship club was discussed early in the season, but Sir Alex said he did not want me to leave.

That makes me want to prove he was right in trusting me. I am proud of what I’m doing. I m getting closer to the first team and I hope to progress further this season.

Pogba admitted he was anxious ahead of making his debut at Leeds in the League Cup when he replaced Ryan Giggs at half-time.

I was ner…

Van der Wiel on Juventus radar

Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport has suggested that Italian champions Juventus are exploring the possibility of signing Dutch defender Gregory van der Wiel from Paris Saint-Germain.

It is no secret that the Bianconeri are in the market for a right-sided defender and they have so far been linked with Ricardo Pereira and Javi Manquillo, among other players.

However, Tuttosport claims they have now rekindled an interest in PSG full-back Gregory van der Wiel, who had long been on their radar.

Namely, the Dutch defender has decided to leave the Saints when his contract expires at the end of the season as he is unhappy by his status at Parc des Princes.

However, Juventus will have to act quickly if they want to secure his signature, with AS Monaco reportedly l…

Swansea secure Oliveira signing

Swansea City have confirmed the signing of Portugal striker Nelson Oliveira on loan for the rest of the season.

Oliveira, 23, will move to the Liberty Stadium from Benfica on January 1.

The 14-cap forward will add to Garry Monk s striking options with top scorer Wilfried Bony set to represent the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations, which could keep him out until mid-February.

Although ineligible to make his Swansea debut until their New Year s Day trip to QPR, Oliveira is confident of hitting the ground running due to an extended spell in training with the Premier League side.

I m really looking forward to it, Oliveira told the club s official website.

I already know quite a bit about Swansea and it was their style of play and the ambience…

Ginter wanted in north London

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotpur have been scouting Borussia Monchengladbach s Matthias Ginter, according to Sky Sports and their sources.

The 25-year-old spent three seasons at Freiburg and as many with Borussia Dortmund, before making his way to Borussia-Park in 2017. He has been capped 23 times for Germany.

Apparently, Ginter was an object of interest for Spurs even during his time at the Signal Iduna Park, and he remains so today, amid fears for the long-term future of some players. Meanwhile, Arsenal have been struggling to plug holes in their leaky defence which has recently been struck heavily with injuries. Centre-back Rob Holding and right-back Hector Bellerin will not play again this season due to ACL injuries, while Laurent Koscielny, Shkodran Mustafi, Sokratis P…

Arsenal´s Alexis Sanchez named in latest Chile squad

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has been named in Chile s squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Bolivia.

Sanchez is yet to make a competitive appearance for the Gunners this season due to an abdominal strain and is expected to miss Saturday s trip to Stoke City.

However, the dynamic forward has been deemed fit by national team manager Juan Antonio Pizzi for the two matches on August 31 and September 5.

Capped 115 times at international level, Sanchez is Chile s all-time leading goalscorer and appeared in all five matches as La Roja reached the Confederations Cup final in July. 

The information we have is that he is available, Pizzi said on Thursday.

He will not have problems getting to the qualifying date.

United boss Solskjaer hopeful of Pogba stay

Speaking to the press ahead of his team s trip to Birmingham to face Aston Villa on Thursday, Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expressed a hope Paul Pogba would sign a new contract with the club soon.

The French 2018 World Cup winner has had a season heavily inflicted by injuries, and prior to the three-month lock-down he had only managed eight appearances in all competitions. However, his return to full fitness and form, as well as the partnership he struck up with Bruno Fernandes protected by the formidable Nemanja Matic, so far justifies the United supporters excitement at their new-look midfield.

Real Madrid have long been credited with interest in Pogba and the links have recently resurfaced. His current contract expires next year and though United have …

Celtic boss Lennon braced for Edouard bids after hat-trick

Neil Lennon expects Odsonne Edouard to be in demand after he started the new season with a hat-trick in a 5-1 thrashing of Hamilton, though Celtic intend to do all they can to keep the forward. 

Arsenal, Everton and Leicester City are among the Premier League clubs to be linked with Edouard, who joined Celtic for a reported club-record fee of around £9million in 2018 after a successful season-long loan. 

The 22-year-old hit the ground running with a treble as Celtic began their quest to win a record 10th consecutive Scottish Premier League title with a commanding win on Sunday. 

Lennon is braced for interest in the former Paris Saint-Germain player during the transfer window, but he hopes to keep hold of his prized asset.

An hat-tric…